Family Leadership Conference
When: April 13th, 2023, 8:00 am-7:30 pm
Where: Embassy Suites: 1000 Woodward Place NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
This annual Family Leadership Conference helps families and youth improve their skills in advocating and impacting the systems that affect them. The event includes networking opportunities with participants from around the state and curated workshops providing important and applicable information and perspectives to families and professionals.
SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT THE CONFERENCE WILL ADDRESS:
- Information about Early Childhood, Special Education, Healthcare, Parent Engagement, and Transitions
- Engaging parents in leadership
- Building advocacy skills
- Laws, regulations, policies, and best practices for increasing parental involvement
- Skills and strategies for communication, sharing stories, and record-keeping
- The value of family-to-family networking and ways to make it happen
- Tips on creating connections with local and statewide resources
- Methods for creating and/or maintaining strong partnerships between families and professionals
- Leveraging individual identity (culture, language, family uniqueness, and more) to become a stronger advocate for children, family, and community
- Select sessions will be presented in Spanish
Registration is Open! Registration covers all conference sessions and events. Meals (lunch and dinner). Learn from disability self-advocates and support organizations, connect with other families, and find understanding and support for your unique situation. Doors will open at 8:00 am. For the duration of the conference, there will be a sensory space provided for attendees to take breaks, when needed, as well as an accessible room for personal care use.
Scholarships are on a first come first serve basis and reserved for parents or caregivers of a child with a disability, medical complexity, or at-risk for developmental delay and youth with disabilities ages birth-26. A priority will be given to first-time attendees.
***All Scholarships have been awarded. Questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Leadership Academy-Pre Conference Session
The goal of the Academy is to help parents and youth see their own leadership potential and how they can make a difference for families and youth with disabilities in your community. This session is limited to 30 Parents /Guardians & 10 Youth participants.
The Leadership Academy is taking place on April 12th, 2023 from 1:00 pm-5:00 pm. Dinner will be provided following the Academy at the Hotel. Thanks to our sponsors we are able to offer this session at no additional cost!
***All spots have been filled. If you have any questions, please contact us at 505-247-0192 or email@example.com***
We will feature resources and organizations from across the state at the conference.
For more information about participating as an exhibitor, you can call 505-247-0192 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor the Family leadership Conference
The Family Leadership Conference (FLC) is pleased to offer opportunities for corporate sponsorship of conference events and materials. Support offers you additional on-site visibility.
For additional information, contact us at 505-247-0192 or email@example.com.