& Social Security Benefits
Medicaid is a health and long-term care coverage program that is funded by states and the federal government. Each state establishes and administers its own Medicaid program and determines the type, amount, duration, and scope of services covered within broad federal guidelines.
States must cover certain mandatory benefits and may choose to provide other optional benefits.
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver
- Medically Fragile Waiver
- Mi Via Self Directed Waiver
- Centennial Care Community Long Term Services Waiver
- Supports Waiver
Centennial Care is the name of New Mexico’s Medicaid program. Its design creates a single delivery system through three managed care organizations (MCOs). The three currently approved MCOs are:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield New Mexico
- Presbyterian Health Plan, Inc.
- Western Sky Community Care
The Centennial Care MCOs provide care to the approximately 800,000 New Mexicans who receive services through the Medicaid program, including those who are eligible under Medicaid expansion.