- This event has passed.
Family Leadership Conference
May 13 @ 8:00 am – May 14 @ 2:00 pm
This annual Family Leadership Conference helps families to improve their skills in advocating for their children and impacting the systems that affect them. The event typically includes networking opportunities with about 200 participants from around the state and a selection of workshop strands that will provide important information and perspectives to both families and professionals. Each year, scholarships are available for families to attend the conference.
SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT THE CONFERENCE WILL ADDRESS:
- Information about Early Childhood, Special Education, Healthcare, Parent Engagement and Transitions
- Engaging parents in leadership
- Building advocacy skills
- Laws, regulations, policies, and best practices for increasing parental involvement
- Skills and strategies for communication, sharing stories, and record-keeping
- The value of family-to-family networking and ways to make it happen
- Tips on creating connections with local and statewide resources
- Methods for creating and/or maintaining strong partnerships between families and professionals
- Leveraging individual identity (culture, language, family uniqueness, and more) to become a stronger advocate for children, family, and community
- Selected sessions will be presented in Spanish