We realize at Parents Reaching Out that family involvement comes in many different forms. It may begin through parent to parent conversations, questions to ask a family physician, or understanding the importance of being involved in your child’s education. Family Involvement is a continual learning process of gathering information, tapping resources, and learning choices.
Our Goal at Parents Reaching Out is to empower and provide rich resources to parents/families to increase their skills as decision makers, mentors, and leaders in the lives of their children.
At Parents Reaching Out we believe:
- Family Engagement equals student achievement
- Meaningful Involvement values all stake holders and improves results for our children and young adults
- Family Involvement is about choices and opportunities
- Family Involvement is personal and specific to each family living in the diverse communities through New Mexico
How PRO can assist:
- Help families become full-fledged partners in the education process
- Assist Parents and Professionals to build effective partnerships
- Guide Parents to become Leaders as Advocates
- Assist families in embracing the philosophy of partnership between the family and the school.
- Parent to Parent support
Educators, Parents Reaching Out can Support You Also! At this time we:
- Work with schools and teachers to identify, increase, and implement activities to help schools improve parent involvement and student outcomes.
- Assist teachers in providing training to parents to promote working in partnership toward improved academic outcomes for students.
- Creating a Family Resource Room in your school.
Other FAMILY INVOLVEMENT Links
Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) https://www.cec.sped.org
The Families and Advocates Partnership for Education www.fape.org
National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education (NCPIE) www.ncpie.org
The National Center for Family Literacy www.famlit.org
The National Fatherhood Initiative’s www.fatherhood.org
National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities nichcy.org
The National Parenting Education Network npen.org